Shopping will be different this holiday season – just like everything else this year, right? But we can still have fun in choosing gifts for the special people in our lives. To help, I’ve gathered a few suggestions for you, just to get you thinking.
By the way, I’m curious – how do you like online shopping? Yay or nay? We’ll all be doing a lot more of it in 2020 regardless!
Here are a few gift ideas to encourage health and fitness for those ages fifty and older:
1. Smartwatch. You have several to choose from depending on style, which metrics you want to track, and budget.
- The Apple Watch 6 monitors sleep, heart rate and more, can perform an ECG, call 911 if you fall, and analyze your blood oxygen levels. Currently on sale at Amazon starting at $379, it’s designed to make the most of Apple’s upcoming Fitness Plus service.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 also monitors sleep and heart rate, can perform an ECG, and also gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get notifications via Bluetooth. The battery can last more than a day on a single charge and you can get a quick boost from your compatible Galaxy phone. Currently $329 at Amazon.
- The Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch has tools for monitoring heart health, stress, and skin temperature trends. It also has built-in GPS during runs, hikes, rides and more to see pace & distance without your phone. A single battery charge can last 6+ days. You can currently pick one up for about $318.
- The Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smartwatch can track all-day activity, heart rate and sleep with a battery that lasts 4 days for less than $160 if you don’t want all of the higher tech bells and whistles.
2.A Theragun Mini. This smaller version of the popular percussive massage tool is more affordable at $199 but still packs a therapeutic punch. Good for soothing pain, relieving tension, and improving circulation.
3. Resistance bands fall on the opposite end of the high-tech spectrum. These are available from many retailers in rubber and in fabric, starting at around $10. They can provide a good workout at home and are super-simple to toss in a suitcase for travel. You can get a set of five ProsourceFit Tube resistance bands with attached handles and a door anchor for less than $25.
4. Anchor Point Training Home System. If you’re looking for something more substantial than rubber resistance tubing, check out the Anchor Point Training gear! The Home System package includes the Double Loop Door Anchor Strap, an APT Suspension Strap and two light or heavy Unbreakable 2.8 Wide Webbing Bands. I recommend everyone start with the light bands which provide resistance up to 40 pounds. Add on a pair of heavy bands if needed.
5. A new mat. After this year of more at-home workouts, it’s probably time for a replacement. Have fun with all the colors and styles available from your favorite retailers, like this Spri Exercise Mat for $21.64.
6. Biofeedback Stone Home edition for those looking to help with stress management. The Home edition includes three games for up to three users that help you measure stress and learn to relax. Unleash the power of your brain, recharge for better health, and improve your mood, energy, and concentration. Currently $347.
7. Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck that serves as a multi-purpose fitness step and/or adjustable bench. This handy piece of equipment adjusts to two heights for stepping up onto it for users up to 330 pounds, can be used as a bench from flat to 3 different incline positions, and also has an internal storage space for bands or other small pieces of equipment. Starting at $219.99.
8. Sleep Mask. Improve your sleep by blocking light from your eyes with a sleep mask. This one has 3D contoured cups over the eyes and is adjustable so that it should fit anyone.
9. Stainless Steel Water Bottle. You can get them in a variety of sizes (and colors), but I’d recommend getting one with a wide mouth opening so that it’s easy to clean or add ice if you want to. The Sendstar 32 oz black bottle is insulated to keep liquids hot or cold, is leak-proof, and comes with 3 different lids for whether you like to sip, pour, or use a straw.
10. Nutribullet Pro. Help them make healthy smoothies and soups at home with this powerful blender. Less than $80.
11. Your time. As ever, the best gift is your time. Take your friend or family member for a walk. Toss a ball in the backyard. Or just enjoy a nice conversation, whether in person or long-distance.
12. Consider giving yourself the gift of health by committing to creating habits that include better food choices, more physical activity, less stress, and plentiful sleep. As always, I’m here to help when you’re ready 🙂
Don’t forget to sign up for the VIP list to get first dibs on special promotions throughout the year!