Minneapolis Personal Trainer & Health Coach
If it has to do with improving Health & Fitness in men or women ages 50 and older, I can help!
I specialize in the following:
- Women going through peri-menopause or menopause who want to lose weight and feel like they’ve already tried everything.
- Men or women who have just been discharged from physical therapy and want post-rehab exercise instruction until they’re fully recovered.
- Active agers who want to improve or maintain their functional fitness to travel, play with grandkids, or live with less pain.
- Seniors (or their caregivers) who want to improve strength & balance to reduce the risk of falling.
- Busy executives who travel frequently, but would benefit from professional fitness and/or nutrition coaching via online methods.
- Masters athletes who want to improve performance for their favorite sport.
- Those who want to improve fitness and eating habits to help manage chronic diseases such as diabetes or hypertension.
- Those who want to improve their strength or stamina to be able to tick one more thing off their bucket list.
- Mid-life men or women who want to become more fit so they look and feel more attractive.
- Those who want to protect their wealth by improving lifestyle habits that lead to better health and lower risk of needing assisted living or caregiving.
Kelly Doyle, MS, CSCS, CES, FAS, Pn1
Minneapolis Personal Trainer & Health Coach
University of Texas – Pan American
Master of Science in Kinesiology
Michigan Technological University
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology with Minor in Business.
Graduated with honor.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, American Council on Exercise
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Health Coach, American Council on Exercise
- Functional Aging Specialist, Functional Aging Institute
- Applied Health & Human Performance Specialist, Level 1, Institute of Motion
- Nutrition Coach, Precision Nutrition, Level 1
- Sleep, Stress Management, and Recovery Coach, Precision Nutrition, Level 1 (in progress)
- Menopause Fitness Specialist, Flipping Fifty
- Menopause Health & Fitness Specialist, MedFit
- Type 2 Diabetes Fitness Specialist, MedFit
- Club Coach, USA Weightlifting
- USA Track and Field Coach, Level 1
- Barefoot Training Specialist, Level 1, Evidence Based Fitness Academy
- Barefoot Running Technique Instructor, VivoBarefoot
- Medical Technologist, American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- CPR & AED, American Heart Association
National Strength and Conditioning Association
International Association of Fitness Professionals
USA Track and Field
The Knee: Advanced Training for the After Care Specialist
The Shoulder: Advanced Training for the After Care Specialist
The Spine and Hip: Advanced Training for the After Care Specialist
Flexibility Training – Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitated Stretching
Balance Exercise Workshop
Essentials of Post Rehab Fitness
Training the Pregnant and Post-Partum Client
Exercise Prescriptions and Precautions
Reebok Reactive Neuromuscular Training
Physics, Progression and Prescription – RTS 1 & RTS 2
Inside Out: Foundations of Program Design – Core Training
Reebok Core Training for Personal Trainers
Introduction to Training Special Populations
NASM Integrated Training
NASM Kinetic Chain Assessment
NASM Integrated Flexibility Training
Medical Exercise Assessment Protocol and Progression
Exercise Programs for Older Adults: Exercise & Chronic Disease
Exercise Programs for Older Adults: Assessing the Older Adult
Exercise Programs for Older Adults: Exercise & Fall Prevention
Exercise Programs for Older Adults: Designing Chair Exercise Programs
Exercise & the Older Adult: Implementing Active Flexibility Programs
Exercise & the Older Adult: Exercise After Hip or Knee Replacement
Exercise & the Older Adult: Designing Functional Strength Programs
Exercise & the Older Adult: Exercise, Osteoporosis & Arthritis
NASM Corrective Exercise Workshop
Muscle Activation Techniques – Jumpstart Lower Extremity
Muscle Activation Techniques – Jumpstart Upper Extremity
Muscle Activation Techniques – Jumpstart Trunk and Spine
Vivo Barefoot Running Technique Workshop
EBFA Movement From the Ground Up & Barefoot Training Specialist
Core Training for Seniors
Strength & Conditioning for Seniors
Functional Mobility Drills
A Dozen Practical Exercises for Seniors
Exercise for Aging Baby Boomers- Pure Power: Integrated Rotational Training
Exercise for Aging Baby Boomers- The Essential Hip: Reversing Gluteal Amnesia
Exercise for Aging Baby Boomers – Ready, Set, Stop! Functional Deceleration Training
Exercise for Aging Baby Boomers – Baby Boomer Balance
PTA Global Exercise & Stress Management
PTA Global Mindset Performance
Never Too Late: Functional Core Performance for Seniors
Standing Tall: Exercise & the Aging Spine
The Bionic Elder: Training With New Hips or Knees
Functional Forever: Remedial Shoulder Exercises
The Defiant Senior: Exercise to Manage Chronic Diseases
Strength Training for Fat Loss
Women, Exercise & Metabolism
Lower Extremity Assessment & Program Design
Weight Management & Body Composition
United States Orienteering Federation
Minnesota Orienteering Club
Minnesota Distance Running Association
Upper Midwest Trail Runners
USA Track and Field
My philosophy as a professional Personal Trainer & Health Coach is that every client is a unique individual. As a new client, you’ll begin with an assessment to determine what your goals, strengths, weaknesses, and needs are. From there, I map a plan to get you where you want to go as efficiently as possible. No two people travel the same journey, so your program will be customized just for you. I believe in a balanced, holistic approach that considers all aspects of your life to achieve complete health and wellness, including fitness, nutrition, stress management, sleep, and emotional health.
All abilities are welcome, including older and elder adults, masters athletes, those living with chronic medical conditions, mid-life women navigating age-related hormonal changes, and those who wish to continue making progress after being discharged from physical therapy. You deserve and can expect, my undivided attention during your training sessions. Because you have the option of meeting face to face or getting access to online coaching, programs can be tailored to fit your schedule and budget.
Personally, I’ve always been an avid outdoor enthusiast who in my younger days enjoyed running, orienteering, biking, hiking, rock climbing, whitewater kayaking, and alpine ski racing. I was nationally ranked in orienteering from 1992 – 1997 and represented the United States at the 1997 Veteran’s World Orienteering Championships. I have been an active participant in the local alpine ski racing scene for several years, competing in the Minnesota Ski Council race series and Twin Cities Ski Challenge. I have sponsored the Twin Cities Ski Challenge alpine ski racing league and worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Minnesota Lynx WNBA basketball team.
As I got older, I got involved in trail running events from 5K to 50 Miles (sometimes barefoot with a big grin on my face). It started to take longer to recover from hard training sessions or long runs. Eventually, I started having trouble sleeping and was gaining weight for no good reason. I had become overtly hypothyroid and also learned that I have a gluten sensitivity. One of the best things I ever did for myself was to hire a Licensed Nutritionist to help me heal my gut and learn the permanent gluten-free lifestyle. I also continue to get medical treatment for my thyroid. So, I know first hand what it’s like to feel out of control of your own body, not be able to eat what you’d like and struggle with weight gain. The good news is that there is a way out of the hole and I’d be happy to show you how to get your life back, too.