Did you start the new year with a big fitness goal – like losing weight or going to the gym three times a week?
And have you found it hard to stick to it, like so many people do every year?
Do you want to thrive on your fitness journey, but keep struggling with consistency – even if you know what you should be doing?
How to Thrive On Your Fitness Journey
While setting goals can be motivating, it’s easy to get discouraged when we don’t see immediate progress or face unexpected setbacks. Instead of focusing on specific outcomes, what if we shifted our attention to the process of improving ourselves every day, one step at a time?
Hint: that’s exactly what I do with my coaching clients – so that you can build healthier habits and thrive on your fitness journey.
Think back to when you took out a mortgage or a car loan. It was overwhelming to imagine paying it all back at once – and much less overwhelming to rely on the schedule of payments, right?
There were roadblocks then, but you overcame them.
And now, if anyone feels shy about starting an exercise program, especially later in life, I get it. I’m here to make it as welcoming, fun and safe as possible. No need to worry you’re starting too late, or you won’t know what you’re doing. With the right mindset and approach, anyone can become a fitter, healthier version of themselves, regardless of their age or fitness level.
Focus on the Process, Not the Goals
So, let’s forget about outcomes for now and focus on the doing what’s necessary to live the healthy live you deserve.
- Choose activities you enjoy. Never underestimate the Fun Factor! Maybe you prefer strength training, yoga, or cardio workouts. Maybe you like to play tennis or dance in your living room. Experiment to see what you like best and what makes you feel good. Talk with me about your goals and be open minded about what might help get you where you want to go.
- Set realistic expectations. Don’t try to do too much too soon and then get disappointed when big results don’t come immediately. Aim to improve a little bit every day, even if it’s just taking a short walk or doing a few squats at home.
- Listen to your body and adjust your routine as needed. If you’re feeling tired or sore, try something else. Don’t push too hard or try to keep up with others at the gym. A good trainer will adjust workouts for any concern you have.
- Seek support and guidance. Ask a personal trainer for advice on exercises and proper technique. Sign up for personal training and get a customized workout designed specially for you. Finding a workout buddy can also help you be more consistent. You’ll keep each other motivated and accountable.
- Celebrate your progress and be kind to yourself – just like you would a friend. Remember the joy in the journey, not just the destination. Every time you show up to the gym or do something active, you’re improving your health and wellbeing. Smile at your progress and the positive changes you’re making in your life!
All it takes is a little effort every day to thrive on your fitness journey. It all adds up over time to a better, stronger, more vibrant life for you to enjoy. Contact me today and let’s get going!