Did you know fitness-over-50 is one of the biggest trends in the exercise world? It’s true – has been for a few years now — with millions of people in the demographic, and more coming every year (Hello, Gen X-ers!)
So, chances are good that you have some folks on your guest list who work out regularly (or want to start). These 10 ideas will give you a great start!
- Arboleaf Body Composition Smart Scale. Why keep track of just your weight, when there’s so much more useful information to follow? The scales measure body mass index, body fat, visceral fat, muscle mass, basal metabolic rate and more to keep you informed. Get it from Amazon here.
- Adidas Samba shoes. Footwear is important for anyone who exercises, so just take this as a starting point. But this classic model from back in the day has been resurging in popularity lately. Men’s and women’s styles as well as kids.
- Bombas socks. This company found that socks are the No. 1 requested item at homeless shelters. So it donates a pair for every pair sold. That means you can feel good about these purchases, and they’ve put them in handy men’s and women’s gift bags. Very cool.
- Apple Watch Series 7. For the device lover on your list, you can’t beat the latest Apple Watch, the 7. It has the most advanced health and wellness features yet, including the Blood Oxygen app and sensor and the ECG app. Go cheaper with a different brand – any good fitness tracker helps motivate us to move! From $399.
- Ear pods. Adding a pair of good ear pods makes working out even better. You can listen to music, podcasts, books… all to pass the time while doing cardio or lifting weights. We are brand agnostic, but you can’t go wrong with the Apple AirPods. Save a few bucks with the Generation 2.
- Continuing on the ‘listening while exercising’ theme, this is a great way to keep up on reading while exercising. At Audible.com, the first one’s free, and then a monthly fee of $14.95 includes one title.
- Meal delivery. Send packages of healthy, delicious foods to your loved one. You can choose from a range of diets. A few to consider: Hello Fresh, Sun Basket, and Purple Carrot.
- Lessons, classes or private training sessions. Give the gift of a new experience or expert coaching. Talk to me about options here that would be fun and helpful, especially since so many of us have been inside too much and not exercising these last two years.
- A Theragun. Post-exercise recovery is becoming more prominent, and these hand-held massage devices are among the most popular forms. They offer deeper muscle treatment to soothe chronic and acute pain, release tension and soreness, and improve circulation, flexibility and sleep. The Prime model is probably the least expensive model I would consider, but they have a few different models to choose from. Check the website for models and pricing.
- Your time. As ever, the best gift is your time. Take your friend or family member for a walk, or just enjoy a nice chat.
Happy shopping – and happy holidays! I’m here to help if you need more ideas.
Some of the links (not all) are paid links. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, but it does not cost you anything extra.
Here’s another idea – join the VIP List for FREE to get exclusive offers, fitness & nutrition tips delivered once a month to your inbox!
Please follow and like us: